Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 12 min
The ingredients are:
- BROWNIE LAYER (recipe follows)
- 3 packages (225 gr. or 8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (340 gr. or 12-oz. pkg.) Dark Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Preparation and cooking:
- Heat oven to 180° C 350° F. Grease 23 cm or 9-inch springform pan.
- Prepare BROWNIE LAYER. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from side of pan. Meanwhile make cheesecake batter.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs, heavy cream, vanilla and salt, beating until well blended.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Place remaining chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted when stirred. Gradually blend melted chocolate into cheesecake batter.
- Immediately after removing brownie from oven, spoon cheesecake mixture over brownie. Return to oven; continue baking 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool to room temperature. Remove side of pan.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle over top of cheesecake. Cover; refrigerate several hours until cold. Garnish as desired. Cover and refrigerate leftover cheesecake. 10 to 12 servings.