Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Here are the ingredients:
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 jar (200 gr. or 7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups (340 gr. or 12-oz. can) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups (340 gr. or 12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (200 gr. or 7.0 oz.) milk chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
Preparation and cooking:
- Line 9-inch square pan or 13x9x2-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Stir together sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter in heavy 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; boil, stirring constantly, 7 minutes. Remove from heat; immediately add chocolate chips and candy pieces, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and almonds, if desired.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; cool until firm. Use foil to lift fudge from pan; peel off fudge. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container. About 5 dozen pieces or about 4 pounds.
- To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.