Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups syrup*
- RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER (recipe follows)
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
Preparation and cooking:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs and baking powder in large bowl; beat until smooth. Add syrup; blend thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER on cake. Cover; refrigerate. Pour CHOCOLATE GLAZE over chilled dessert. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. About 12 servings.
Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur* in small bowl; beat until smooth. ( A few drops red food color may be added, if desired.)
* 1/4 cup raspberry preserves and 1 teaspoon water may be substituted for the raspberry-flavored liqueur.
Melt 6 tablespoons butter or margarine and 1 cup dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips in small saucepan over very low heat. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.